Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"We take pictures to record our personal vision of the world"

I recently bought, on a whim and extreme splurge, a Nikon D40x SLR digital camera. 10.2 megapixels. A 3.0x 18-55mm Nikkor lens, and a Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm lens. There's a difference between taking a picture, and perfectly capturing a single scene. This camera makes that difference possible.
While it did cost my first-born child, and I'm debating on whether I'm going to keep it, I did take it for a test run on Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful and rarely sunny day here in the blizzard we call Utah. And while the snow is a complete nuisance to live and drive in, there is nothing more beautiful than a perfect blue sky after a huge snowstorm. Here's what I got...

These first few are from Orem Cemetery


And here's a couple from Washington, where there was more snow than I have seen in a very long time. Of course it was while I was at home trying to escape the eight feet of snow here. Some are a little blurry, I need a tripod. =)

This is my mom and my adorable little brother right before he went to his first (public) school dance.

No comments: