Sunday, January 22, 2012

I read this cute article today about following Dad's lead when it comes to certain aspects of parenting.
Austin has already taught me so many things just watching him take care of Mason. And I don't think he had ever held a baby before we had our own, so it's all instinct with him.
He was the first one brave enough to put Mason in the real tub when he was clearly too big for the infant one.
Or he lets him stand up against walls and furniture that I would never consider, but Mason is totally capable.
Even Austin's willingness to just take him to the store for a quick errand when I feel like it's a hassle to put him in the car seat and drag him out.
Sometimes Austin will take Mason in the mornings if he doesn't have to work so I can sleep in a little bit. I'll come downstairs to find Mason either just in a diaper or some crazy outfit, playing in a giant pile of toys. And he is always absolutely delighted.
Or this afternoon when I came out of the kitchen and found Mason in a giant box. He played in that box for over an hour, having the time of his life.
Who would think of that except a Dad?
I'm grateful that our little guy will grow up with the influence of both parents. Daddy is fun, but someone has to do the laundry. =)

Skyping with Grandma and Grandpa from his new box home.





2 comments:

Terry and Ann Keaton said...

We love our Grandson!!!! I am proud of both of his parents. Mason knows he is well loved!

Jessa said...

I seriously can't even handle this post. The natural birth one made me so proud but this post about Austin made me cry for some reason. You're both so lucky to have each other. And of course sweet little monster mason in that box...come on! You're killing me a million miles away.