Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I hope you know you're my favorite thing about the West coast

I'm just going to ignore the fact that there is a several month gap in my blogging schedule. It's been chaos, plus the fact that I haven't had internet since the beginning of March. And that's an equation that means blog=low priority. But we're back in business! Rather than bore you with an inordinately long post about the last little while, here are the top five things that have happened to me:
5) I got to see my Jilly Bean for the first time since December!!
4) I moved to a new apartment to escape from my estranged (and possibly mentally disturbed) roommate
3) I received my Utah state Certified Nursing Assistant license
2) I am potentially getting a job as a Medical Assistant
1) I got married.

Yeah, kind of a big deal, that last one there. =) And it's been bliss ever since.

The one thing I didn't include in that list is the thing that makes me sad every day! My darling friend Rachel is in Italy for five weeks. And as exciting as Italy is, her being there means she is not here, and it means she is not with me! But I'm soooo happy for her. And I cross my fingers every day that she is meeting a hot Italian man and having an exciting fling in the most romantic place in the world. Some people think Paris is the most romantic place in the world, but they're wrong. Anywhere in Italy is the correct answer.

In other news, we moved into a cute little house that has a huge yard. Yeah, we're in the basement, but the yard is still ours too. And there's this little patch of dirt in the back that's all grown over with weeds, and it's apparently been a dumpster for the last few residents, i.e. broken windshields (???) and a refrigerator. But being the "nester" I am, as my sister deemed me, I am turning it into a garden. I've been having visions of The Secret Garden, when they bring the old man in and it's this paradise filled with gorgeous flowers and birds and all that. Really we'll probably grow a pumpkin and some corn. The pumpkin being to fulfill my love of Halloween, and my fantasy of owning a pumpking patch later on down the road. Hopefully the blazing hellish Utah weather won't burn up all my dreams of living off the land.

I'll post wedding/Honeymoon (Washington D.C.) pictures soon. When we get internet and I don't have to use the computer lab at UVSC anymore. =)

2 comments:

Jessa said...

shanna!!!! you're blogging again. oh I love it!

The Coons Family said...

I am so excited that a. you are blogging and b. I made the top 5 can I get a woo woo!! I'm sad that RAche is in in Italy too, mostly because I don't want her to have more fun in Italy than in London. But I mean, how could you? We aren't there and neither is Jeany (spelling?) So, we have her beat!!! Keep up the posts!