Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keep your friends close....

Netflix is the best thing that's ever happend to me, and also my greatest enemy.

The BFF side of our relationship includes streaming all the watch instantly movies/shows to our Playstation 3. This means thousands of movies and episodes of shows that I've missed. Hours upon hours upon hours of endless entertainment whenever we want it. We signed up for it 6 days ago and already I have watched two full seasons of Weeds, two documentaries, and three movies. Plus a season and a half of Dexter.

This brings me to the arch nemesis side of my Netflix. I am now officially lazy. Prior to adding this invention to my life, I would maybe flip through the channels once in a while. If nothing was on, which is usually the case with regular archaic cable TV, I'd sit down and read a book. Or clean my house. Or go to the gym. Or run some errands.

I am now living in a messy house, I'm losing my ability to read because it's been so long, and my gym pass is gathering dust.

All while I sit and watch shows I don't even care about. Just because they're there. Seriously. I've never watched a single episode of Lost, and suddenly all 5 seasons are in my Watch Instantly Queue. I've just never had such complete access to so much. I haven't gone to bed before midnight in days.

If you don't hear from me for a while, please come dig me out of my basement home and pry the remote out of my hand.


{I hope this is just a phase}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this!!! for sure next sleepover at your house glued to the tv thanks netflix...but don't steal my shanna away from me too much...

Jessa said...

Oh I really love this. I'm moving in ASAP. Love you.
Xoxo

The Coons Family said...

Do not start Lost or Friday Night Lights! Netflix has all seasons and I tell you the minute I started all thoughts were consumed and we ate McDonalds for all three meals because we didnt have time to grocery shop!! However I do love both shows!!!