Friday, July 9, 2010

At long last

I have never been able to do cartwheels.

I always desperately wanted to. In the 5th grade I did one perfect one, once. I was too scared to ever try again.

But last night, at age 23, I learned how to do a cartwheel.

And who was my gymnastics teacher?

My 26 year old husband.

Yes, Austin does perfect cartwheels. Almost as well as he ice skates.
{a skill he attributes to years of roller-blading, you know, the cool version of ice skating}

The moral of this story is it's never too late to fulfill a childhood dream.



Cartwheels are just as wonderful as I always imagined they would be.

5 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Haha that's awesome! Now you are going to be a cartwheel champ!!!:D

mamagale said...

I wish I could have been there--I would have clapped for you like I always did when you were a little girl and you had a new trick to show me! I bet that was some entertainment for your neighborhood!

Nicole said...

i love cartwheels! i'm secretly impressed that austin can do them and really impressed that he can ice skate -- that one is sooo hard for me!

Jessa said...

go keatons! you guys could join an adult gymnastics class. or maybe you could do gymnastics and he could do ice skating. thoughts?

The Swank Family said...

whaat? I have never ever seen austin do a cartwheel! A demonstration is absolutely going to be necessary.