Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Giving of Thanks

I have to say that I HATE it when people refer to Thanksgiving as "Turkey Day". It's the same way I feel about when people abbreviate Christmas like "Xmas". It takes out the most important part of the name, and completely demeans the whole point of the holiday. So in honor of THANKSGIVING Day, here's a list of ten things, in no particular order, that I am giving thanks for this year.

1. My new adorable, sweet niece Bailey
2. Austin and I both have good jobs that we love
3. My parents and family are happier than ever, unemployed in their cute cabin
4. Our economy sucks, but it seems to be helping people realize what's more important than money and material things
5. Rachel and Jess, who are the funnest, most amazing friends in the world
6. Everything has come together perfectly so that I can go to Nursing school in January
7. We get to spend Christmas in the cabin with my whole family
8. Ash and Chris live right down the road, so we have a little bit of North Carolina with us all the time
9. Austin's parents are so wonderful to us, and I love them to death, and it's often considered a rare blessing to love your in-laws =)
10. We have a clean, cheap, and I have to say pretty cute little basement apartment that we love living in

There are hundreds more, and I hope that we'll get better at counting our blessings all year, and not just on Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh baby, you know i LOVE you to death! i am so grateful to be on your list of thanks because you better know that you are on mine. i love your list of thanks, you really do have the best in-laws, the cutest little house, and nursing school yeah!!! love you
xoxoxo