Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thank You Notes

Dear Pandora radio:
Thank you for saving me from dying of boredom when I have to scan all day at the Lehi clinic. My Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Postal Service, Jewel, and Lifehouse stations in particular keep me sane.

Dear Cafe Rio:
Thank you for really cheap and really good Mexican Tortilla Soup.

Dear Down East Outfitters:
Thank you for my adorable red Diesel jeans that only cost me $13.37. I think the original retail price of $150 was too much anyway.

Dear Austin:
Thank you for driving all the way up here to meet me for lunch on Tuesdays. You are very sweet and I am lucky you are mine.

Dear Rachel and Ashton:
Thank you for emailing me all day while I'm at work. I get excited when I see "Gmail-Inbox(1)" at the bottom of my screen.

Dear Jess:
Thank you for writing cute stories on your blog that I get to give my feedback on. It's like a choose your own ending book, and I miss those.

Dear work:
Thank you for blocking Facebook on our computers. I am much more productive, even though I hate to admit it. Facebook is overrated anyway.

Dear Pip:
Thank you for sleeping on my pillow every night and waking me up by shoving your paws in my face when you stretch. It really is quite thoughtful of you.

Dear Corolla:
Thank you for not using too much gas. It's real expensive these days, and I am pretty poor. I'm glad you only need to be fed every couple of weeks.

Dear Mommy:
Thank you for giving birth to me in October. I love sharing my day with Fall and Halloween and General Conference, and I am really excited about it now that it's getting close. And thanks for being my mom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dear shanna
thanks for being one of my besty's
thanks for emailing and advising me all day at work, particularly when i freak out and realize i have tmj and think i'm going deaf.
and mostly thanks for being you you make me a better little girl and i love you dearly!

Jessa said...

is it silly that i was sobbing by the second note to cafe rio???

I love you Shanna. You mean the world to me and I can't wait to play way more often when i'm finally out of banishment.

Thank you for reading my stories. Thank you for adding the ending to each story and giving incredible/ honesty advice like you do. You're one of the wisest people I know.

xoxo

mamagale said...

Dear Shanna,
The pleasure has been mine I'm sure. But you are quite welcome just the same. Thank you for being a precious daughter and making me cry happy tears on a regular basis.
(Usually along with you whilst chatting on the phone)