Friday, September 4, 2009

The Working Girl's Lament

Ohh that blessed day of being paid. It only comes every two weeks, and I count it down like children do to Christmas. But somehow, I always seem to end up shocked and shaken at how miniscule my paycheck seems. After all those long hours of burdensome slavery, I always have a glimmer of hope that I'll be better compensated than last time. Withdrawals for my Roth 401K and our Health Savings Account are always expected. But alas, FICA-SS and FICA-Med are getting paid almost as much as I am. A fund I pay into but will never get anything out of. So I'd just like to thank our massive government, for dipping into my pockets every pay period and taking whatever they'd like from me. I truly enjoy supporting those who work the system into getting food stamps, WIC, medicaid, welfare, etc. etc. etc.
I'm sure everyone taking from those programs qualifies for it...

Right??

2 comments:

The Coons Family said...

I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY! I seriously cannot look at the pay-stub portion of my check to see where it all went because I get angry. I just count my blessings that I have a job and move on with my life.

Anna said...

Please don't tell me that you are one of those people who sees the homeless guy on the corner and thinks, "if give him money, he's just going to buy booze with it."

Have you ever been on welfare?