Saturday, February 19, 2011

N.Y.C. Day 1

As I finally got around to uploading our New York pictures today, I found that we had taken over 500 while we were there. Considering how long Blogger takes to upload just one photo, I'll just give a sampling here on the blog. And to make it a more reasonable task, we'll just do one day at a time! So here is our first day in the big city.

Our hotel was a pretty big question mark for us. When you search "cheap" and "New York City" on travelocity, it's really just a big gamble as to what you're going to get. So we were relieved to find that it did not smell weird, it was clean, and there were no bedbugs. Although it was absolutely tiny.




















It even had the classic NYC exposed brick wall that I love.



















We were also very happy to find out that there was a subway stop literally right outside the door of our hotel.














We stayed on the upper west side on 103rd St. via the #1 train. In case you want to go see it.














We got there in time to put in for the Wicked ticket lottery the first night. It was FREEZING and we had to stand outside forever waiting to put our names in. We did not win. Apparently you have to be Asian to win this lottery.


































So we went to walk off our defeat at Times Square.


































Drowning my sorrows that we didn't get to see Wicked.














Then we were starving from our travels, so we ate our first authentic New York slice of pizza. I couldn't even get a picture before I took a bite, it was that delicious.















And that sums up our first 5 hours in the city! There are more pictures that have us in them on days 2 thru 4, I promise!

2 comments:

mamagale said...

Yay for pictures! Keep them coming!

Jessa said...

more pictures, more pictures!
loved the exposed brick. that really is so new york. its actually a little ridiculous how much more an apartment is just to have one of those silly things. But we loved ours so much that I sometimes just rubbed it with my hands. Just to make sure it understood that we loved it. bahahaha. {I can't believe I just admitted that via the web}
xo