Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cabin in the Woods

I've tried about a half a dozen times to write this post, but every time I tried to upload the pictures Blogger would time out and I would lose my mind and slam the laptop shut and move on to more important things needing to be done. Like catching up on Pretty Little Liars (don't judge me).

So this is my last ditch attempt, and I guess if you're reading this then it finally worked out.

We spent two weekends ago in Washougal to say goodbye to our beautiful family cabin. Much to all our dismay my parents sold it and we needed to pack up the rest of what's been there. It was bittersweet, but I'm glad we made the trip and were able to take Mason at least once and show him where I grew up in sweet little Camas. Knowing that it was the last time we'd be there for a long time made all of it seem even more perfect and beautiful...even the dreary rain.

We ate at our beloved Burgerville, twice of course, made S'Mores in the giant cabin fireplace, packed up all the furniture, went shopping at the beautiful Pendleton store, and walked up the driveway-our favorite morning workout. Nana even caught a frog for Mason to look at while I hid like a coward behind the screen door. I need to get over that if my kids are ever going to learn to enjoy nature.

Mason learned from our other many road trips that it's best to just go to sleep right from the start.



















2 comments:

mamagale said...

We all agree Mason is perfectly adorable! That was sooo fun and sooo sad.

Jessa said...

I loved this post. Somehow I had never even been to that beautiful cabin but I felt like crying knowing you had to say goodbye.