Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cankles

Sara from my work and I had this genius idea a couple of months ago to start wearing ankle weights to work. We run around so much all day, we figured we could get a little extra workout in. So we both found some 5 lb. weights for each ankle (so 10 lb. total) and very excitedly strapped them on around 8:30 AM when we got into work. We felt like those 80's aerobics ladies, like we would get the perfect hot leg warmers bod by wearing ankle weights and jumping on a mini trampoline. Then about 1 PM rolled around. We both actually felt physically nauseous from hauling those things around on our legs for so long. Our office really is SO busy, and we had been defeated. We revamped the idea, and we just wore them for a couple hours a day. Or we'd put them on and do some leg lifts under our desk every once in a while. But it's been weeks since we've worn them at all, and today I pulled them out of my desk drawer and decided to give them another try. When I put them on I actually said the sentence, "Sara! These don't really feel that heavy anymore!" As though I've gotten so strong that maybe this time I'll be able to handle them all day.
Yeah.
Right.
It's 12:30 and they are coming off right when I go to lunch. My legs feel like Jell-O, and my now cankles are killing me.


I'd rather go to the gym every night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i loved this and i miss you so much. and i don't think you have cankles....i love you just the way but i love that you wore 5lb weights around to work your legs out ha ha. why didn't we do it in london??? genius.

Jessa said...

LMAO

Whit said...

Hahah! That is so awesome! I totally would have done it with you. Haha. That's what I was thinking the whole time I was reading it...