Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dear Thief

To whoever stole my mint green beach cruiser with the bell and the wicker basket:

Instead of being mad at you, I'm going to pretend that you took her because you really need her.

Maybe it's your daughter's birthday and you lost your job and can't buy her a present.

In that case, consider her a gift. You obviously need her more than I do.

But please be good to her.

Her name is Mary, she really doesn't like to ride up hills, and sometimes spiders live inside her bell, so you have to clean it out every couple of months.

She really likes to have stuff in her basket, so try and put some flowers or even your keys in there each time you ride her.

The front wheel is a little loose because someone tried to steal her a few months ago by taking the bolts off instead of cutting the lock, so be careful.

Just try and be grateful for her, and make sure she's happy.

And maybe ride by our house and wave once in a while.


Bye, Mary. I will miss you.



Love,
Shanna

7 comments:

Jessa said...

this is the saddest thing I've read in a really long time. are you serious? someone stole her? I'll find them. I'm practically a detective because I've seen all the Law&Order episodes. ha ha

mamagale said...

OHHHHHH Nunny! I am so sad...this makes me cry :(

mamagale said...

PS Check Craig's List every day to see if it's posted...I have a hard time believing anyone calloused enough to take Mary would be the type to want that type of bike.

keatseatsblog said...

Super cute creative writing here, but I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE STOLE HER! I mean, are you kidding me?? I guess Ashley's not as crazy as I always thought for keeping Lucy indoors...

Nicole said...

i'm so sad for you! but on a lighter note, we are excited to see you soon!

Unknown said...

lame. i miss mary. hope she is in good hands. and so proud of your attitude. love you baby!

Julie said...

Shanna that is so sad!