Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Month Old

We officially have a one month old. I cannot believe how fast time has flown! And how much he has changed since we first brought him home. We weighed him today and he is 10 lb 10 oz. A whole pound of weight gain in about a week! He can hold his head up when we put him on his tummy, he loves his hands and now looks at them and plays with them every time he remembers that they are there, and best of all he smiles like crazy now when we talk to him. He recognizes us and focuses on faces, and he'll turn his head to keep watching you if you walk away from him. He looks like he is just dying to roll over. Every time we lay him on his back he gets up on his side and gets frustrated that he can't go further. And he looooves to stretch. I have never seen anything like the stretches this little guy does when he wakes up. So here's a few videos and pictures of our little man!

Sorry about the weird angle of the camera, he gets all shy and confused if he sees the camera and he doesn't smile, so I had to hold it off to the side where he wouldn't notice it.




"What, Mom?"



















Daddy thought it would be funny to bury him. And this is rare documentation of him taking a pacifier. He now spits it out while making a gagging noise as though he's insulted that we tried to quiet him with it.















One day he was fussing and we couldn't figure out what was wrong, so we took his clothes off and let him lay around naked. He loved it.




















Him waking up is one of my favorite things to watch. He always has to try like eight times before he decides he's ready to be awake.

4 comments:

The Swank Family said...

I LOVE the video of him waking up. Haha, he's like "geez mom! The camera?? Again???" What a cutie he is :)

Terry and Ann Keaton said...

Okay......I'm just moving in!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the videos!!! I just want my first real smile.....He is just too cute!!! Love, Grandma Ann

Taffers Dawn said...

Shut up!! I hadn't even realized you had had your baby! He's so so so cute! I can totally tell it's your baby! You know how sometimes your like, oh it's a baby..blah blah, well you have a super cute baby and I can tell it's yours. Congrats!

Whit said...

Shanna! He is ADORABLE!!! I love the videos. Keep 'em coming!! :)