Saturday, July 23, 2011

You can dance if you want to

We discovered another little quirk about our dear baby yesterday. Mason was in one of those moods where he wants all the attention (how unreasonable for a baby right?!), but he was pretty fussy even when I was holding him. And here is my embarrassing confession. Almost every Saturday after Austin goes to work I turn on music pretty loud and dance around the house. And this was no exception when I was pregnant. I also just read an article that said that you should expose your baby to all types of music, "from Mozart to the Black Eyed Peas". We always listen to classical music in the car, so I thought maybe it was time to try other music and dancing. So I turned on an iTunes playlist and we danced and sang to Ingrid Michaelson, Boston, Taylor Swift, Beach Boys, etc. He LOVED it. At first he just cooed and smiled, and within a few songs he had actually fallen fast asleep. While rocking out to loud music and dancing with mama. And we did the same thing this morning and he went right to sleep again. I guess what we do while pregnant can be comforting to them later!

This kid sleeps like a rock when he finally decides to go down. Watching him sleep makes me wish I could sleep that comfortably and peacefully.




















I always have to swaddle his arms when I nurse him, otherwise he flails them around and they get in his way. But he HATES to be swaddled while he's sleeping. He fell asleep nursing the other day so I put him in his sleeper wrapped up. About five minutes later I heard him grunting and struggling, and then calm down again. When I went in to check on him, he had busted out of the swaddle, and had the blanket in both his fists up by his head. As soon as his arms were free he had calmly gone back to sleep.




















These are his crazy eyes that he ALWAYS makes after we do his bath and I lay him in the crib to get him dressed. It's seriously hilarious.




















And some more videos! Sorry they all seem kind of blurry, I need to fix the settings on my camera.

We play peek a boo with him and sometimes he loves it and sometimes he just looks really shocked...


....and sometimes he kicks like a mad man when you cover up his face


He doesn't always love being in his swing, but this was a good day for it.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

i love his little legs that start kicking when you cover his face! So funny! It seems like you guys are enjoying yourselves. Isn't it just the best? : )

mamagale said...

Wow! He's growing so fast! He has morphed from newborn to baby already. He has such adorable expressions and a sweet little smile--love the videos--keep 'em coming :)

Terry and Ann Keaton said...

We love all the little quirks about him. They just make him extra adorable! Love the videos and pics. As you mom said....keep'em coming!!!!!!!

keatseatsblog said...

I miss him! Love you guys :)

Whit said...

Haha! I love his cute little kicks! Maybe you should have him start watching soccer games on TV to give him a head start on his future! ;)

Nicole said...

Oh he's so cute! I can't believe how big he is already! Both my babies loved to be danced to sleep too! Even if the music wasn't exactly quiet and relaxing!

Unknown said...

I love baby mason! so adorable! I also love the Dancing cuz I do the same thing!! love you!!