Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blessed

My sister and I frequent a website called PostSecret. It's an amazing site that started as an art project, and has grown into a worldwide community. There are now books and forums and hotlines. People send in their secrets on postcards to the guy who started it, Frank Warren. He chooses a selection of secrets and updates the site every Sunday. There are ones about Mormons and the LDS church quite frequently, but this one in particular made me think.

Mostly it makes me grateful that I have parents who raised me in the Church, and that the gospel has always been a part of my life. I don't have to sneak away from my family to do what I know is right, because they are the ones who taught me. It also makes me realize how blessed I am that I can have the Lord's approval, and my parent's at the same time. No amount of criticism from friends or coworkers or acquaintances can change what's true. I really appreciate that I don't have the struggle that this person does, but I'm also very proud of them for doing what they have felt is right.

3 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Wow that's cool! I'm so glad to be apart of this gospel!!! PS.. Shanna I freakin LOVE you!

Unknown said...

oh that was so good, i loved that post!! oh and ps i love driving in front of you...hopefully i wasn't too crazy!!

Jamiacan Express said...

Paris, France is just as awesome! By the way, i love your blog!