Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wish You Were Here

I've known for a while now that where I truly belong is in London, and I was just sadly born in the wrong country. Right family, wrong place. Ideally, my American parents would have given birth to me in England, giving me dual citizenship, and definitely the best of both worlds. I'm totally in favor of the Revolutionary War, but it is a shame that we don't have those accents anymore, and that we had to cut ALL ties with such an amazing place. And even though I'm not there anymore, I still read about all the events taking place, just to dream that I can go!
Here's what was going on there this weekend...The Thames River Festival! Rachel and I seriously considered ditching work Friday, convincing Jess to do the same, spending $2,100 on a last minute plane ticket, and flying out for this two day party celebrating the end of summer. I mean seriously, you can't tell me this doesn't look like the funnest party in the most incredible city in the world!









But since maxing out our credit cards wasn't really a responsible option, Rache and I decided that the Thames River Festival 2010....we will be there! We're hoping for financial stability by then, so hopefully that works out for us. =) I just hate to miss out on such fun!

2 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I want to go! i seriously haven't been to london in forever and I miss it!!! :(

Unknown said...

baby 2010 isn't really tooo far away.... okay it feels hella long! :( but just think it probably gets better every year and by 2010 it is going to be the tightest end of summer you have ever been to. and it better be dang good because end of summer SUCKS!!! saving my pennies and losing weight....buennos:)
xoxoxo