Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sickly

Austin and I have both been sick for days now. Seriously. Bed-ridden, coughing, sneezing, can't breathe while we're sleeping kind of sick. Unfortunately we both haven't been able to rest adequately, since we took an entire week off to go to North Carolina. When Austin came home from work on Saturday afternoon, I was laying on the couch wrapped in a blanket, and he walked in the door and said "Uh oh, who's going to take care of who?!"
So we tried our best to recover over the weekend. Monday I spent all day trying to suppress the urge to cough all over patients in the exam rooms, and went through two entire bags of cough drops. Tuesday morning I couldn't bear the thought of going in to work, so I finally gave in and called in sick. After a Nyquil induced slumber that lasted until 1 p.m., I got up and cleaned the entire house. I did everything short of a controlled burn to get rid of any germs in that place.
This included plenty of Clorox, boiling water, and eight loads of laundry. Every doorknob was sanitized, every linen washed, and every square inch of our house was scrubbed down. I threw away all of our chapsticks and toothbrushes, and boiled our waterbottles. I even made Austin let me Clorox wipe his cell phone and keys on the way out the door. We slept on temporary sheets and pillowcases last night, because we will not use the regular ones until we are fully cured! I am determined to get us over this illness before Halloween, because I will not have anything ruining my favorite holiday!!

3 comments:

Jessa said...

You guys must be seriously ill for all that work. but good for you. You're such a cute little wifey! I hope you guys get feeling better and so then we can play!

Sarah C. said...

Need I remind you that NyQuil is the greatest invention of my life? I think not. I miss you Shanna-B-Nanna and stalked your facebook page to get the address to your blog.

Yep. I said it. It's out there.

Amanda said...

Missed you on Tuesday!