Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hang Up

I understand our country's current addiction to our cell phones. I get that panicky feeling just like anyone else when I realize I've left it at home, or when I can't check it every five minutes for any reason. But what I just don't understand is the ridiculous way that people refuse to GET OFF THEIR CELL PHONES. If you're in line at the grocery store, get off the phone. Don't hold up the entire line behind you by blabbing incessantly instead of paying for your groceries. And for heaven's sake, if you're waiting in the doctor's office and you get called back to be seen, HANG UP. I can't believe how many times I have waited, waited, waited for patient's to get off of their phone so I can check them in. And then they complain about how long they are in the office. I just wish people would have a little more discretion when it comes to appropriate cell phone use. There is a time and a place.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha, wow the funny thing is i am doing a project in one of my photo classes about technology and how pervasive and ever present it is. i am just afraid we have come to far to turn back, people are way too attached to them. me included in that, its like my security blanket. pathetic.