Monday, January 12, 2009

Name Dropping

It's official! I'm a Keaton. I say it's official now because I got my real license and Social Security card in the mail. A couple of weeks ago is when I spent almost an entire day trying to get through all the preliminaries and logistics. The social security office was my own personal form of purgatory, considering how much I hate Social Security/Medicare anyway. When I got there 20 minutes before it opened, there was already a line of no less than 12 elderly people outside the door. So I stood in the 20 degree weather for what I thought would be 20 minutes, but NO, they didn't open until 9 that day instead of 8. I left that office at 10:45, yes, I waited over 3 hours, and headed to the DMV.

Turns out the DMV in Provo does not do licensing, but I needed to change my registration as well. But they wouldn't change my registration until I change my car title, and I have to change my license first to do all that.

So they sent me all the way to Northwest Orem to the Driver's License division, where I had to show 3 items that proved my Utah state residency. Then I had to pay $30. And then I had to take the written test, because my previous license was from Washington, and to get a Utah license you have to take it again. So then I go to get my picture, and it's horrendous of course. And being the girl I am, the guy let me re-take it THREE times! But then when I signed my name, I of course accidentally signed GALE instead of KEATON. We had to re-run the whole thing so I could sign it again.

But in the end, it's all worth it. I am officially Shanna Marie Keaton. And yes, I kept my middle name and not my last initial or whatever is proper. Because I love my middle name! The two big things are done, but here's what's still left to change...

Passport
Car Title
Registration
BYU Alumni file
W-2 at work
UHEEA student loan
Hospital access login
Car insurance
Health insurance
Health savings account
Email
Credit card
Bank accounts
Lease agreement
School registration

And probably more stuff I haven't even thought of! I hope everyone on the Keaton side can appreciate my dedication to the family! =)

5 comments:

mamagale said...

A moment of silence to mourn the loss of "Gale" from your name. But you'll always be our Nunny! (I dropped my maiden name too and kept my middle name--because I like my old-lady grandma middle name)

Nicole said...

haha i like that you signed it Gale still after all that! i just did the basics too. it helped that we got a new car though so that was easy. i still need to do my passport but i figure i probably won't be needing it anytime soon (sadly) so i feel no sense of urgency.

Taffers Dawn said...

Yikes girl. I'm never getting married. haha

The Coons Family said...

I kept my middle name too... BYU isn't that difficult, Passport just costs a ton, car insurance is somewhat important because if you get pulled over they will question the two (also not that difficult, just call) and I cant remember anymore from your list... but the most difficult ones are past you. Congrats!

Unknown said...

wow that is intense baby. but i am glad you finally changed your name princess consuela banana hammock. ha ha ha.
but seriously shanna marie keaton=perfection in every sense of the word.