Friday, April 10, 2009

Our First Birthday!

Today is our marriage's very first birthday. I suppose most people call it an Anniversary. Whatever it is, I'm very excited to be having our first one! We're not doing any big celebration or gift exchange, just going to dinner and a movie. Partly because we are poor. But mainly because we shouldn't have to congratulate ourselves on staying married. I don't think I deserve jewelry or clothes just for making a commitment and actually keeping it. It's not like it has been a challenge or a chore to be married to Austin, and I need some yearly compensation for my efforts. It is a joy every single day. The only gift I need today is every year together from now on.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Cute! So true too. If only more people realized that marriage doesn't have to be the stereotypical doom so many portray it to be. Happy Birthday!

mamagale said...

Congratulations! The first of many happy years together I'm sure.

Unknown said...

dear shanna,
this may be one of the biggest reasons i love you. you are so adorable. i hope it was a good one, and a year from today was the day j and i got to surprise you. i love you and austie!!
xoxo for both of you

keatseatsblog said...

Man, whatever! I think I should get jewelry and flowers just for waking up and getting out of bed every morning! But, congrats all the same :)