Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tell me your happy and your sad

When we were little my mom used to come to tuck us in at night, and she would say "tell me your happy of the day, and tell me your sad". I have a happy and a sad for this week that I wish my mommy were here for me to share them with. Cause I know she'd be excited for me about my happy, and would make me feel better about my sad. So my very happy this week is that we got the most adorable little kitten. She is absolutely wonderful, she is playful and fun and has brightened up our little home. Her name is Pip (Tyler named her perfectly!) and we could not love her anymore.

My sad is that on Saturday I put her in her new carrier and we headed off to the vet so she could have her first shots and a check up. On the way there, she was freaking out in her carrier, and I got distracted like an airhead, and as I was trying to get her to calm down in the front seat, I was suddenly smashing into a parked car....on the other side of the road. I can't think of anything else more humiliating then having to tell a cop that I was just blatantly distracted, and ran into an inanimate object. Poor little Pip got thrown into the dashboard in her carrier, as we careened into the back of a '91 Lexus and up onto the owner's lawn. Amidst the wreckage, she did finally calm down and go to sleep while we took care of insurance stuff.

Fortunately nobody was hurt, and the people were SO nice. The only injury was my pride. The cop cited me for an "unlawful turn". I guess they don't write tickets for "crazy cat lady moron who can't do two things at once". It is my first accident, but it's the last time I'll be taking Pip in the car with me by myself. Luckily we're still waiting on our tax return, so we'll have the money to pay our deductible. And we've already filed the claim with the insurance, and my car will be fixed in the next coupe of days. It's drivable still, just body damage. But I will have to drive around with the big "I got in a wreck" sign evident on my driver's side door. Luckily my happy of the week is helping me get through an embarrassing and expensive incident. Even if it was a little bit her fault, how could I be mad at her?

She loves the stack of books under the table.















And she has the prettiest blue eyes














And now here is my sad car all beat up.











But don't feel sorry for me, it was my own dumb fault. At least no broken glass, no broken headlight, and no airbags. It always could have been much worse.

1 comment:

Jessa said...

oh my goodness. I'm just glad that you and wee little Pip are safe. I've done dumb things like that too. Well into a parked car but still, its easily done when you're distracted. It really helps when the people are nice though huh?

My Happy: I got my computer back.

My Sad: there was a day this week that I felt so alone; and I live in New York City for Heavens Sake. How is that possible?