Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This blog is turning into my journal. I write all the time for a short period, then I neglect it, then I have to do an entry saying that I can't believe it's been so long since I've written and I swear to write every day from now on. And included in that entry is ALWAYS a big summary of what I didn't write about. So here's my big summary blog post, and my promise and resolve to write more!

1) Austin and I were finally released from being nursery teachers. It was fun, and it was a really great calling. But it's seriously been almost a year, and it was hard for both Austin and I to hide how excited we were to hear the news.

2) Right after they released us, they called me to teach in Relief Society. I could not be more excited about any calling!! I love doing anything in Relief Society, and I get to teach this Sunday and I can't wait.

3) Ms. Pip (or the Pip Monster as we refer to her lately) had her last set of kitty shots and will be getting spayed in about a week. She is seriously a little beast. When I took her to the vet on Saturday she was screaming and hissing and growling so much that they didn't even take her temperature cause they were too scared. And it took the vet and two techs to hold her onto the table just to give her the shots. Then we got home and she was sweet as pie and went to sleep on my lap. But after witnessing her rage side, I'm a little more cautious around her.

4) Austin and I made the mistake of going car shopping at a dealership. We instantly regretted it, and paid for our folly by having to spend an hour and a half with a moron who didn't know anything about cars. It was pouring rain, and they didn't even take us around the lot on one of those golf carts. My feet were soaked, we were both freezing, and we weren't interested in anything they had at all. Lesson learned. And we went home more grateful than ever for the cars we own.

5) We are going on a trip to Yellowstone in July, and it is the only thing getting me through the days at work. We booked this adorable little cabin room at a lodge, and we're just going to hike for three days and see everything!

6) Our little garden is growing just wonderfully already. We have a huge bowl of strawberries that we picked, and our corn and tomatoes and beans are getting huge! We can't wait to take our little harvest up to Washington in August, and my mom is going to teach me how to can our vegetables!

7) My best friend Rache turns 21 years old today. She is adorable, wonderful, smart, beautiful, talented, clever, creative, and I am jealous that New York City has her right now. She is my favorite shopping partner, roommate, and Starbucks buddy. I wish I was in New York with her to celebrate, but we will have a belated party when she gets back!


Okay, I think we'reall caught up. I'll post some pictures soon too!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

baby i miss you SO much and this blog made me almost cry because i miss you so much. tomorrow is my day off and i would give anything to be able to go car shopping with you. or even see pip though i might sneeze. i can't wait to play with you and see austie when i get back! i miss your face and i love you so so much, i hope you know what you mean to me, and whatever you think times it by a thousand!! love you!
xoxo
rache
ps thanks for the birthday shout out and the sweet things you said they are all dittoed from me to you!