Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another reason why it sucks to drive in Utah

The woes of adult responsibility are fully open me now, and one of these is sadly, paying for car insurance. I've never EVER been in an accident (knock on wood), but it seems that car insurance is still outrageously expensive. I signed up for Progressive in January, which I had learned during my research is one of the best. I paid about $630 for six months of insurance. Not so bad. But I got my renewal notice, and apparently my NEXT six month premium is $932!!!!!!! Umm....what?? I haven't had an accident, I haven't had a speeding ticket, I haven't even had a parking ticket. So I wrote to Progressive to find out why it went up so much. Here is their explanation:

"Your renewal premium also reflects a premium change that affected our customers in Utah. Like all auto insurers, we periodically review our claims experience to determine if our premiums are adequate to cover our cost of claims. The results of our recent review indicated that it was necessary to increase our premium levels."

Interpretation?? The claims from people in Utah were so high, that now we all have to pay more for our premiums to cover all of them. Absolutely ridiculous. But also, not that shocking. So now I get to help pay for every sweet bro with a popped collar to ram his Audi A4 into whatever car he wants in the Belmont parking lot.

Thank you, Progressive.

2 comments:

The Coons Family said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is AWFUL!!! Stupid Utah Drivers... I am so sorry. I have progressive too, it must me a married thing because it is one of the less expensive agencies!

Unknown said...

shanna baby, you should totally get quoted by this local insurance, it is so much cheaper. I only pay like 65 bucks a month, ill give you the info if you would like, i must see you soon i miss you terribly!!