Saturday, June 21, 2008

A little reminder

Every once in a while I see certain things that make me realize what a baby I am for feeling like I have any problems in my life at all. This morning that definitely happened to me. I can't lie, it was on the Disney channel, which I was watching shamelessly in my pajamas. They do this thing where they highlight kids that are really involved in sports or something, I don't really know the whole premise. But today it showed this little kid Rudy. He's only 13, and he had both of his legs amputated when he was little. And this kid runs, swims, skateboards, bikes...everything. He does triathlons all the time, and he can run a 6 minute mile on prosthetic legs. And he seems like the nicest little boy. As soon as his legs were amputated, he just started figuring out ways that he could still do stuff like everyone else. His dream is to do an IronMan competition. If you don't know, like I didn't, it's a triathlon in Hawaii where you do a 2.4 mile ocean swim, a 112 mile bike ride, and THEN you run a marathon, which is 26.2 miles. I mean, are you kidding me?? My dream is to be able to run like 5 miles on a treadmill, and I have both my legs. Rudy is my new inspiration, and makes me realize I can gripe a lot less about my own, not so difficult life. Here's a link to his thing on the Disney channel website if you want to see how adorable he is!

1 comment:

Jamiacan Express said...
This comment has been removed by the author.