Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Save the World

I've never considered myself an environmentalist, or tree hugger if you will. I was raised in the Northwest, where you are brought up to feel like throwing paper in the trash is a one-way ticket to hell. Recycling is a part of life, and every house, every classroom, every business, has a recycling bin. We frequently watched Captain Planet, and knew what it meant to do our part to save the world.
Then I came to Utah.
And apparently outside of the Washington/Oregon borders, I am an extremist in the ways of environmentalism. My friend Ashton even told me that she wasn't allowed to watch Captain Planet because her dad said it was "too liberal".
At my last job, it was a six month battle to get them to pay for recycling service, because it is so expensive here. And on BYU campus, they have plastic recycling, but no aluminum. So with so much working against me, how is a girl to save the planet?
Then I found these on Urban Outfitters. Envirosax. Reusable shopping bags that are freaking adorable. I've had some bags that I try to remember to take with me to the grocery store, but I always seem to leave them at home by accident. But how could I ever forget these to die for, cute little things?
Plus they are huge, they can hold at least double what a regular shopping bag can. They are washable, durable, and just plain amazing.
So if you feel like saving the world, you could start with these.

2 comments:

The Coons Family said...

What happened to your Tesco mondo shopping bags??

Unknown said...

these bags are to die for, they make me want to pick up and move somewhere like portland or nyc where i could be super cute using them!! forget tesco haha these are absolutely adorable!!! (that was quite the alliteration)