Saturday, June 21, 2008

Best In Show

The moment we've all been waiting for has finally come...the World's Ugliest Dog has been crowned for 2008! There was some stiff competition at the show in Petaluma, CA this year, but here's the unfortunate little pup that took home the grand prize!
This dog won a couple of years ago...













And this mangy mutt won three years in a row!!

I'm sorry, but this is seriously the ugliest dog I have ever seen. I actually screamed when I saw this picture, and he will now haunt my nightmares for weeks to come. Could you honestly love a dog like this? He looks like something out of those "Scary Stores To Tell in the Dark" books. You know, those ones by Alvin Schwartz with really dumb stories, but horrifying illustrations?

Here's a little comparison for you...























I can't believe this competition actually exists, but it's airing on Animal Planet in October. That channel is really stepping up their game lately.
First they somehow managed to get A-lister Mario Lopez to host "Pet Star", and now they won the bid to air the Ugliest Dog in the World competition. I think we can really expect to see a lot out of this station for years to come.

1 comment:

Whit said...

HAHAHAHA! That IS the ugliest dog I've ever seen! I'm laughing so hard! What a crack up!