Monday, January 14, 2008

People love to give Mormon girls weed

What is the fascination with making a Mormon girl do bad things? Like trying to make her say the 'F' word? Or making a Mormon girl drink? Or trying to get a Mormon girl to make out with you and then some? What is this source of accomplishment that people feel when they can crack someone who actually attempts to have morals and standards? It has always been a mystery to me. Even in the sixth grade, it was always that kind of trash on the playground. Kids chanting "Say it! Say it!" with such desperation. As though a swear word coming out of my mouth would prove that Santa Clause exists. And it's the double standard. If you don't say it people are mad at you (with legitimate reason, right?) But if you DO say it, people are like ohhh you're not supposed to swear, you're a bad person. I'm a bad person? You're the spawn of Satan that humiliated me and forced me to say it!
And it's the same with drinking, drugs, morality issues, anything. I must be insane because I choose not to have sex until I'm married and in a secure, loving, committed relationship, right?. Cause I'm really missin out on all those pregnancy scares and STD tests. Or people treat me like I'm stupid and immature because I choose to maintain complete control over my body by not getting trashed and regretting fifty things I can't even remember doing the night before. Yeah. I'm the idiot.
Bottom line? Mormon or not, if someone is making the choice to NOT do something that other people make the choice to do, why is it such a huge freaking deal? Why is it suddenly someone's life goal to change their mind? It's ironic that someone who can't stand up on her own, who's throwing herself on fifty guys, who will probably puke on someone in a short amount of time, can try and make a sober person feel dumb for not drinking.
You're right, drunken potheads. I'm going to look back and be really sorry that I never drunk-dialed an ex, and that I missed the chance to be taken advantage of when I passed out, and be so sad that my record doesn't contain a DUI or an MIP. Maybe your children will make the awesome decisions you have, and make you just as proud.

No comments: