Saturday, September 27, 2008

A little quote...

So of course my mother commented on my home school blog. =) As I certainly hoped and knew she would! And gave me a perfect quote that I wanted to put up front so everyone can see it. It's from a book called "Dumbing Us Down" by John Taylor Gatto. It's about the public school system, and how it pretty much destroys a children's ability to enjoy learning...

"Put kids in a class and they will live out their lives in an invisible cage, isolated from their chance at community; interrupt kids with bells and horns all the time and they will learn that nothing is important; force them to plead for the natural right to the toilet and they will become liars and toadies; ridicule them and they will retreat from human association; shame them and they will find a hundred ways to get even."

No comments: