Saturday, March 7, 2009

Quarter of a Century

Today my adorable husband is turning 25. This will be the fourth birthday that I get to celebrate with him. So darling, as a classic birthday blog, here are 25 things that I love about you, one for every wonderful year you have been alive!

1) When we were dating you would leave me the cutest notes on my car at work or at my apartment. It was the best surprise, because I would always think they were a parking ticket at first!

2) I frequently come home from work to a spotless kitchen with all the dishes done.

3) You built me a shelf above the sink for our microwave. An estimated hour project that turned into an all night ordeal, but you finished. And I love it.

4) I have been out of wiper fluid for weeks, and you snuck out there the other night and filled it up for me.

5) You never let me pump my own gas.

6) We both love Home Improvement, and could watch it for hours.

7) We both also love Seinfeld and could watch it for DAYS.

8) One particularly horrible/long day at work, you left me my favorite Sonic drink in my car so I could have it on the way home.

9) You always take the garbage out.

10) When I go to bed you tuck me in, because you're the only one who can make the blankets exactly how I like them. I can't sleep right if you don't do it for me.

11) We both want to live on a cute farm.

12) You eat what I make for dinner no matter what, and always rave about how amazing it is. Even if you admit later that it wasn't the greatest.

13) Whenever something needs to be fixed in the house, you know how to do it. You even snaked the drain the other week.

14) We always want to see the same movies.

15) You work full time and go to school, and you never complain about it or even act stressed.

16) You thought of the cutest name for our daughter.

17) When I'm grumpy and say mean things you never get mad.

18) You always support what I want to do, even if it's crazy.

19) You are infinitely patient with me.

20) We get to go to the temple together.

21) You went on a mission, and you still talk about how much you loved it.

22) You come from a wonderful family, and I am so lucky to be a part of it. Your parents are the greatest in-laws I could ever hope for.

23) You are a worthy Priesthood holder, and it makes our home a wonderful place to live.

24) You wrote me letters on your mission, and it always made my day when I saw them in my mailbox.

25) I can't wait to grow old together, and sit on the porch swing of our big farmhouse, and watch fireflies-which I can't wait to see for the first time with you.

Happy Birthday, Austin! I'm so glad you were born! =)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Um, did I miss hearing you are pregnant? Or is this future one day daughter? VERY curious :)

mamagale said...

Wow Shanna, you got through this whole list without mentioning "guns"? Around here that's what we admire the most about Austin: his knowledge, enjoyment and possession of various firearms! Hahaha...J/K! Love you Austin!