Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not-so-newlywed

Austin and I had our first big fight in a while today. It wasn't even that big, and it was over something stupid of course. But I had to go to my two hour Anatomy lab in the middle of our "discussion", and I felt pretty horrible the whole time I had to be there. I was dreading coming home to continue with said argument, and was wishing that we could just drop the whole thing. As I pulled up I was preparing my apology in my head, hoping we could resolve things quickly. So I was more than pleasantly surprised when I walked in the door to candles and roses and a homemade dinner, and a husband scooping me up in a hug and saying sorry first.

Of course we ate this amazing dinner sitting on the floor at our coffee table because we don't have a dining room table. Or a dining room to put one in for that matter. And our little kitchen was filled with pots, pans, and bowls from the cuisine creations of Austin. And we don't have a dishwasher, and just one tiny drying rack to put the dishes in. But I felt more than spoiled, and richer than ever. We spent the rest of the evening listening to Frank Sinatra while I finished the dishes and Austin fixed our $30 dryer that stopped working today.

It was so very 1950's newlyweds.

And it was so very wonderful.

3 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

Awww that is so cute!!! How adorable that he set that up for you. Don't you just love that? Awww

Jessa said...

you guys are by far the cutest, most amazing couple ever and I basically want to be you Shanna. Can you help me find myself an 'austin'. what a great guy who deserves a wonderful little lady like you.

"But a blender?
I mean, what is this? Give the little wife a blender? I mean, it scared me, you know.
In terms of his expectations."

"It's just a--
just a thing to put in the kitchen.
He thought you might want to blend
something one day, and that's all."

-father of the bride

Unknown said...

i love reading this. you guys are so cute...seriously.
and i love playing with you and talking to austie it is so fun.
love you!