Sunday, March 18, 2012

Confessions of an Internet Ignoramus

I don't tweet.
I don't pinterest.
I don't stumble.
I don't instagram.
I don't yelp.
I don't link, trend, or follow.
I barely facebook.
I only know how to type in my blog like it's a Word document.

So what do I do all day?

I sing Primary songs to the babe
I make our baby food
I go for walks with Mason along the river and to the duck pond
I window shop the antique stores on Main St.
I enjoy fresh cookies at Sage Cafe
I show Mason the bird's nests in our trees
I read books about breastfeeding
I read books about birth
I read books about how to teach my baby to read
I read my book club books
I read poetry to Mason
I volunteer at the hospital
I go to La Leche League meetings
I exercise
I mop my kitchen floor daily
I make dinner for my husband
I write in my journal five days a week
I write letters to Mason in a notebook to give him when he's older
I write on my blog once in a blue moon
I write letters to my missionary brother
I skype with our loved ones
I work on our Quiet Book
I drink green smoothies
I paint my nails
I go for drives with my family to look for houses to buy
I sit on the back deck and watch Mason discover the backyard
I send care packages to my sister
I make an effort lately to be present in my present, not my internet presence.
Facebook has gotta go.
We'll see if I have time to get around to deleting it this week. I have a lot of other stuff to do. =)


What do you do to be present in your immediate life?
(and avoid the grips of the tyrannical internet monster)

4 comments:

keatseatsblog said...

Ok. I get what you're saying, and I'm on board-- like 99% of the way.

But I still feel obligated to tell you that you're missing out on what may be the coolest thing to ever happen to the internet in regards to Pinterest.

Seriously. Even just using it as a search engine, it's pretty awesome.

Christina said...

Everything that Ashton said. I love this post. It's an awful feeling to go to bed and realize that you've spent more time online than you have with your babe. Any ideas on how to delete facebook permanently? It seems like I go back and forth. Let me know if you figure that out.

Anna said...

I want to see your quiet book when you're done!

Jessa said...

this made me miss you and then basically want to BE you!

xoxo