Thursday, March 29, 2012

I haven't been to see a movie at the theater since I had Mason. That's 10 months for those who are counting. Austin and I used to see movies ALL the time. The double feature was our favorite date--seeing back to back movies. And when I wasn't going to the movies with Austin, I was seeing all the girly stuff with my besties Rache and Jess (Twilight, Jane Eyre, Leap Year...the stuff I would never force Austin to see with me). It has felt like a void in my life, but at the same time, there haven't been any movies that I felt like I just absolutely had to see.
And then The Hunger Games came out. I thought I could just wait and rent it in a few months. But then EVERYONE on facebook was posting about going to see it and I was dying with jealousy. I wanted to see it.
So I went with a group of girls from my ward on Tuesday night and l.o.v.e.d it. It was the perfect movie to break my no theater streak. I thought the casting was so great. And even though some stuff wasn't exactly like the book of course, everything was done so well that it didn't even make a difference. Jennifer Lawrence is my new idol.
And I am especially grateful for the sweet girls in my ward who have welcomed me into their group of friends so warmly. It's hard to be the new girl, and I don't have much experience in that regard. I'm also weirdly shy until I feel comfortable with where I'm at. I'm glad these girls have been able to see past my awkward loser new girl phase and have helped me feel at home here.

2 comments:

Kara Anderson said...

Ooh... I'm gonna have to go see it. I am always cautious when a movie is made out of a book I like so I'm glad it's a good one! I'm happy you are making friends so fast!

Unknown said...

um I miss you! and she is such a babe if I could just be her as katniss! also I want to start using coconut oil you just use it in place of butter? in cookies and stuff too?