Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Blustery Day

The weather here is so temperamental. It's been 85 degrees during the day, and crazy thunderstorms all night. The thunder was so loud a couple nights ago that it woke Mason up, even with a fan and his sound machine on. The rainy dreariness of last night carried over into today, so we spent most of it inside. Mason decided that he doesn't like to nap when it's raining outside. So we had a busy day of reading every baby book we own, dancing to Pete Yorn, Taylor Swift, Beirut, and Newsies on Pandora, watching about two minutes of Monsters, Inc., and playing in his new stroller.

He gets pretty loopy when he's tired, and was particularly crazy before bed tonight. We were sitting on the floor and he started to fall backward, so I caught him and very dramatically said "caught ya!" He decided he loved this, and continued to fake fall backwards so I would catch him. He would get this silly look on his face and start to say "whooooa" and lean back in slow motion until I caught him. He was dying, he thought it was so funny.

Then in the tub he kept putting his face into the water and gulping up mouthfuls of it like a little fish. I said "Mason yucky don't drink the bath water." He of course continued to do it, but he'd look at me first like "watch what I'm about to do..." And then come up with a big goofy grin on his face. He is quite the wild child.

A wild child who is thankfully asleep for the night.


1 comment:

Jessa said...

oh wow, I miss that little guy. Thanks for posting so much. I love hearing these stories first hand but I'll take it on the blog too!
xo