Monday, April 30, 2012

Good thing we sold that car.

We had someone coming to test drive the Jeep tonight and we decided we needed to run it through a car wash for the first time since we bought it six months ago. Yikes.

As we were leaving I said "Mason has never been through a car wash, he's going to love it!"

Boy was I wrong.

As soon as it started the poor child burst out into terrified wailing. He was putting his hands up to his cheeks and looking around trying to see us. It was like we had abandoned him in that terrifying tunnel from Willy Wonka. He was inconsolable, even after we left. I'm afraid that he may actually have nightmares about it tonight.

Luckily there's no chance for negative associations to emerge, because we ended up selling the car a couple hours later. I think that carwash sealed the deal.

You'd think we'd never seen money before. Austin went around and closed all the blinds and locked the doors, and then him and I rolled in the cash the way that only po' folks would. There was a brief discussion about immediately heading to Vegas, but then we realized we'd have to wake up the baby. Not worth it.

I'm grateful I have a responsible husband who immediately put it all in the safe...or is that cause he doesn't trust me home alone with it tomorrow?

I could get a lot of stuff at goodwill...



2 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Haha... Blake totally freaked out in the carwash last week too! I thought he would be terrified of water after that...luckily he is still OK with bath time and his rain noise machine thingy. Whew!

Terry and Ann Keaton said...

Bless. His. Little. Adorable. Precious. Baby. Heart!!!! Awww....I just want to squeeze him. The picture just breaks my heart!! Only good ol' hand washing those cars from now on!!!