Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A penny saved

Today Mason and I had a lovely day together. We slept in until 8, ate breakfast, worked out, and then went thrift shopping. Ironically, the best clothes shopping here is at goodwill. They have so much amazing vintage stuff. Not just clothes, but home decor, luggage, scarves, dishes, jewelry. None of it is picked over and it's all in great condition.
Today we got Mason seven new baby books and I got a dress, skirt, jacket and scarf. And I may have bought a homemade dress and vintage sweater for a possible future baby girl...I couldn't resist. They are sooo darling and were only fifty cents a piece. We only spent $18 total.
Then we came home and ate watermelon for dinner and Austin decided to bake banana bread. Oh and it was a beautiful 76 degrees. What a blissful day.






3 comments:

mamagale said...

Those are really cute! Well done! And that Mason is really cute too--well done! Oh hey--and the banana bread looks scrumptious--good job Austin!

Jessa said...

I really think I want to create a shop that has great thrift store finds already hand picked. People pay top dollar for vintage stuff but they're too lazy to go search it themselves. You in? It could be so amazing!

Kathi said...

I love when you can buy alot of stuff and basically spend no money...one of the happiest things in the world.