Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Daily Joy, Day 9

Mason has been in hog heaven since we sold the Jeep because all of his car toys are now sitting in the living room, waiting for me to stop being lazy and put it all in the Corolla. He's been loving his little car mirror in particular. Every time I walked in the room he was sitting with his face super close to it and talking or singing. And a couple of times I saw him sticking his mouth on it. He really loves himself.

Austin is also driving the Corolla to work still until we get his truck this weekend, so we've been house bound for the day. There's plenty of days when I don't go anywhere, but suddenly now that I can't, I'm thinking of all these places that I just have to go. We have just been so spoiled with two cars, this makes me feel extra blessed that we've had them.

Tonight I went out with the group of girls that have befriended me here. It was a double birthday celebration and was so much fun, as always. I adore these girls. I feel like meeting them has been a huge reason why we were supposed to move here specifically. They are all such sweet women and wonderful wives and mothers, it's just such a positive group of women to be around. When I was leaving the house I told Austin I wouldn't be longer than a couple of hours, and he said "yeah okay, see you at 1". I was glad he was asleep when I walked in the door at half past midnight so I didn't have to give him the satisfaction of being right. I'm going to be verrrrry tired tomorrow.



No comments: