Friday, May 11, 2012

11 Months Old!

It's totally cliche to say, but I cannot believe how fast these months have flown. I can't believe our little man is almost a year old. And it's also totally cliche, but I honestly love this little baby more and more every single day. I look at him and just think how did you get so beautiful/smart/funny/cute/clever/wonderful? I can't imagine what we've done to be so lucky to have this little monster in our lives. Some big moments for Mason this month:

He took his first steps! He hasn't taken off yet, but has walked several times and loves it.

He crawled up the stairs and now that's ALL he wants to do. If we leave him alone for even a few seconds, you can bet we'll find him on the first or second step trying to make his escape upstairs. His method of going down is a little less graceful.

He has started to wave and say bye-bye. He says "uh-oh" and will whisper when we do. He's also started to repeat sounds that we make, and says mama and dada in context on a regular basis now.

He tried lots of new foods! Strawberries, peanut butter, hummus, yogurt, cucumbers, tomatoes, cous cous, black beans, eggs. I think that's all. He loves it all. The child is an eating machine!

He dances to any music and laughs and laughs when he likes a song that's on. We listen to Pandora a lot and he likes to carry my phone around while it's playing and just dance all around the house.

I haven't weighed him lately, but I can just say that he is BIG.  Here's a comparison of him in his old carseat today, he didn't even fill up half of it when we brought him home in it!

We celebrated by making him homemade cinnamon applesauce, and Dad brought him home this cardboard roll thing as a gift. We are cheap. =)  But he loved it, of course.


1 comment:

Jessa said...

photo? not showing up on my computer. I love that little guy!