Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Walker

Mason had a big day today!

First, he climbed up the entire flight of stairs all by himself this morning. Of course I spotted him so he didn't tumble to his doom, but he was cruising up the steps like it was no problem! Just a couple of days ago he was terrified of the stairs and wouldn't go near them, now he sprints toward them every chance he gets. We need a gate.

Then he ate strawberries for the first time and LOVED them of course. I also gave him cucumbers and hummus which he chomped down. I don't think we give him anything that he doesn't like. He loves spicy food too. He was going nuts over the Massaman Curry we had tonight that was SUPER spicy.

And then this evening, he took his first steps!!!  He has been standing on his own for several minutes at a time for the last couple of weeks, and has been cruising the furniture and walls for about a month. Most of the time we use little snacks to bribe him to stand for longer or try to take a step. I was giving him bites of strawberry with whipped cream (real healthy, I know, especially for a kid with dairy issues) and he kept taking a step and then sitting down. But then all of a sudden he just hauled off and walked from the ottoman to the couch where I was sitting. We got super excited of course and freaked out, and it kind of scared him. He didn't really see what the big deal was. He was more excited about being able to crawl up the stairs. =)  Needless to say, our weekend will be spent baby proofing.



3 comments:

keatseatsblog said...

Yay Mason!!! I don't care what anyone says, my life was SO MUCH easier when Emma could walk on her own! I think it's awesome :)

Nicole said...

Yay!!! I like it when they walk too, my kids stopped putting random stuff in their mouths when they could walk... I think it's because the treasures that get left on the ground aren't in their faces anymore!

Kathi said...

Yay for walking!!!! I think alot of parents freak out with their kids start walking and inevitably the child will get scared. It's amazing any of us keep walking!