Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Firsts

As Mason's first year winds down we are running out of "firsts" to celebrate with him. He's smiled, laughed, rolled over, crawled, walked, talked, and eaten real human food. He even slept through the night once or twice.  I've been a little sad as I run out of the stickers that came with his First Year calendar, as they each earn their place on the squares of the last months.

But Sunday was another first for us. My first Mother's Day. Mason was born just before Father's Day last year, so we celebrated that right away. But I've had 11 months to really earn my Mother's Day celebration. I laughed when I read this post from The Rockstar Diaries, because Mason pretty much decided he had slept enough right around 4 am. I finally got him to sleep a little longer by laying down with him in the guest bed.

As he fell asleep with his hand resting on my arm and his little feet curled up into me, I felt like my heart would just burst with joy and gratitude and love and happiness and peace and then even more love. It was the best way to start my Mother's Day, wrapped up in the pure, sweet comfort and bliss of my little baby boy.

 Remember when he was this tiny??
This was like 7 hours after he was born.

No comments: